Restore your smile with this simple, cosmetic procedure.
A smile is said to be one of the first things people notice and we want you to feel confident with yours. Many of us have imperfections that we live with not realizing there can be relatively simple and cost effective options for improvement.
What is Composite Bonding?
Bonding is a restorative dental treatment used to improve the appearance of minor tooth imperfections. Composite resin is matched to the colour of your natural tooth and bonded to its surface to repair it. While it depends on each individual case, bonding can be used as an alternative to crowns and veneers.
What can dental bonding be used to correct?
Dental Bonding can be used for some of the following imperfections:
- Chipped, cracked or damaged teeth
- Discoloured teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Imperfections with tooth shape
- Minor tooth misalignment
Your dental bonding procedure:
Bonding is a quick procedure and typically can leave you with a brand new smile in one visit.
- After consultation and assessment of the tooth being bonded, you may be given a local anesthetic to numb the tooth and surrounding area so you are comfortable during the procedure. (Often anesthetics are not needed to perfect surface imperfections).
- Composite resin is closely matched to the colour of your natural tooth so the bonding is undetectable once complete.
- The tooth is prepared for the resin to be adhered
- Once the tooth is prepared, we will apply resin to the tooth and mold it until it is in the proper shape.
- Using an ultraviolet light we harden the resin, shape and polish it so it perfects your tooth.
How long does bonding last?
Even though composite bonding is not as strong as natural tooth enamel, it should last between 3-5 years.
COME & JOIN OUR FAMILY.
Get professional dental care from kind people, in a comfortable setting.
With open arms, and an open chair, we would love to have you.